Life

Life

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Catching up


Devils Cay

We had a nice little sail from Goat Cay to Devils Cay. Squeezed our way into an anchorage (well, it looked like it to me) but Captain D. with chart in one hand and the 'talkie' in the other got us in and anchored.

He had to dive on the anchor to make sure it was set properly and before long we were both enjoying the water. Doug swam over to check out a neighboring cay and by the time he got back a storm was hinting at the fact it might join us. It began talking. It grumbled and rumbled but there was no lightning to be seen. Next thing we know out of the clear blue sky, literally, directly above our heads we had a flash of light and a crack of thunder.
When I realized that we were both alive and neither one 'sizzled', then I decided it was freaking awesome!!

Soon the rains descended and Doug was out swabbing the decks. I was not able to get a picture of that, but I did get a picture of the rainbow.

Snorkeling
The snorkeling at Devils Cay was wonderful. My favorite part was when Doug said, "Let's go to the edge of the reef where the big fish are." Sounded good to me. Suddenly he's tugging on me acting agitated. I can't figure out what it is I'm supposed to be looking at. Doug goes up topside and says, "Swim back the way we came."

I comply. His need to get out of the area was so urgent I assumed that we'd stumbled over a crop of coral that we were in risk of killing...warn't no coral!! It was a six foot shark. Yea Doug, let's go out where the BIG fish are. ;)))

Barry
Doug also told you about Barry, the barracuda that fell in love with our dingy. Doug said he was looking for shade, but even in the cool of the evening he lingered...it was love, I'm certain of it.

I went to the Doctor
ahahaha anyone who knows me won't believe this one. However, it is true.
From time to time my back likes to give me fits and starts. It had been a while and my back decided it was time once again to prove who was the boss. Generally, a day in the fetal position and then an icy/hot pad or two is sufficient to make things better. Not this time.

I blame it on the boat. The constant rocking and never being able to find one spot and stay there, I was constantly shifting for balance and it was not pretty. When we made it to Marsh Harbour poor Doug had to bring the boat in by himself. It was not pretty, but he got the job done.

The doctor said it was 'muscle spasms'. I could have told you that Doc!! ahaha he did give me some drugs and it seems to be helping. I slept for about 20 hours yesterday and am feeling well enough to sit here and type. That's a biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment