Life

Life

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Evening

Hi folks, this is Doug this time. Judie's done a great job of describing morning times around here, but she's not said anything about evenings. Those of you who know her won't be surprised at all by that. She rarely stays awake past sunset. So I guess the job of describing the evening times will fall to me.

Last night after she went to bed I went up on the foredeck, laid back, and enjoyed the show. There was a wonderfully cool breeze coming off the bay which felt so good after such a hot day. I watched as the afterglow from the sunset faded, Venus came out, and a lot of birds flew by. There was a long delay between the time that Venus first appeared and the time that the first star came out. A whole lot of birds flew by during that time, presumably trying to get home before it got to be too dark. After a couple of stars finally made their appearance I was tired enough that I went below and went to bed.

My descriptions lack the verbal artistry of Judie's, don't they? I guess I'll have to let her be the main blogger and I'll just fill in little things that she misses.

I hope you're all well. Bye for now,
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment