Life

Life

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Last day in Port St. Lucie

As we make ready to leave Port St. Lucie my mind wanders to the things I have yet to share.

Lizards

All around the marina are these wonderful little lizards. The very first lizard I met was the third cousin five times removed of T-Rex. Its color bordered on white and it reared up on its hind legs and watched me from two sidewalk stones away. I noticed its small front leg and that is when I inquired as to its family tree.

It did not deign to answer or perhaps it thought I was mocking it as it turned and limped into the grass. It was only then that I realized it was a gimp. I must say that its T-Rex impersonation was the best Ive seen since Jurassic Park. Minus the ground shaking stomp of its step, the bowel liquefying roar and the excessive blood letting of course.

Car Alarm

Every morning without fail the car alarm goes off.
Boat alarm you inquire?
Nope. The car alarm.

There is a bird who does the car alarm to perfection. I've watched it and know that all the sounds emit from the same bird.

It starts with the octave test scale. Starting at a low note ending on a high note.
Whoop. Whoop. Whoop.
Then it warbles back and forth.
High. Low. High. Low. High. Low.
It ends with a flourish of pulsating bursts of song.
Kind of a machine gun for soprano's ;)

Dragonflies

They have an abundance of them here. If I had to pick a favorite bug, it would be the dragonfly.

Hopping Fish

These fish don't just poke their nose out of the water to catch a tasty bug. The appear to hop across the water on their tail fin. This may be what I saw the day I accused the dolphin of playing with its breakfast.

Note to self

If you sit near the ants breakfast, you become it.

Port St. Lucie has been a wonderful home for the last week plus. Tentatively, we are planning to leave tomorrow and head out to the ocean. Doug feels that anchoring for a night will help me to get use to the ocean and might make it so I don't totally succumb to sea sickness.
Keep 'em crossed for me.

Then on Tuesday morning, depending on the winds, we will either sail down to Lake Worth or head directly to the Bahamas.

I will let you know where we land.
= )
J.

1 comment:

  1. In case you didn't already figure it out, that last post was authored by Judie even though the blog indicates that it was me. As she said, tomorrow we're planning to leave what's been our home for a week and a half and then venture out into the big unknown. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete